Tuesday 10 November 2009

Never forget, you'll always be a novice......

One thing I love about gardening is just when you’ve getting a bit full of yourself and starting to feel ever so slightly competent; something comes along and knocks you on your arse. For me this week it was the Hostas. One of my raised beds is in a partially shady position so it became my only non-edible plant collection (saying that, a rhubarb did manage to sneak into the sunniest corner) which includes three lovely Hostas.

Imagine my horror when less than three months after buying them they all start dying! Cue frantic phone call to my Mother (the font of all gardening knowledge) to be told in no uncertain terms that that’s quite normal for this time of year and to stop panicking.

Oh, the shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment