Monday 27 September 2010

The case for autumn

Around now most people start having a right old moan about how rubbish it is now the days are getting shorter, etc, but not me. Autumn is by far and away my favourite season and to silence those naysayers I’ve put together a compelling case for support in the form of my favourite medium, the list:

Why autumn is awesome

1. Everything (even Croydon) looks prettier with a scattering of burnt orange and burgundy leaves around the place

2. The telly gets better

3. Following on from point 2, River Cottage is back on (although not sure what Hugh’s playing at starting with an episode on meat, followed swiftly by another on fish)

4. Spending an entire Sunday lying on the sofa watching The Good Life seems almost compulsory rather than a guilty pleasure

5. I get to make a Christmas cake then stuff it full of brandy for 10 weeks

5.  No need to religiously shave your legs

6. Jumpers hide a multide of sins

Hmm – reading that back it’s less of a compelling case than anticipated, more a revealing insight into my televisual and personal grooming habits.

Nerveless, autumn is upon us. I suggest you embrace all its glory and count your blessings it’s not winter yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment