Sunday 19 July 2009

Come on August, my bored little brain needs you!


It became apparent to me this afternoon that since the walk training ended I’ve been in desperate need of a welcome distraction. Earlier I found myself giving serious consideration to learning to play the ukulele (perhaps something to do with The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain being on my iPod at the time). Me learning the ukulele is about as likely as Philip Glenister marrying my mother (sorry love, it just aint going to happen). So, it’s time for the thinking cap to go on....

Other things of note this week:

I’ve been ill. Whoh - before you start reaching for the Tamiflu I’m pretty certain it’s just a cold. My immune system is pathetic so if it had been anything more sinister I’d still be on my back demanding immediate hospitalisation. Really, all it meant was I spent Saturday night in a nest on the sofa watching the second season of ‘30 Rock’ and swigging back the Lemsips.

I’m ashamed to admit I watched ‘Twilight’. Not sure who I need to apologies to for this. Probably everyone.

I was over the moon that the first stills from Wes Anderson’s upcoming ‘Fantastic Mr Fox’ were released. A few of you will be aware of my Wes Anderson obsession (which borders on stalker-esque at times). If you haven’t seen ‘Rushmore’ I insist you see it immediately. If you hate it please don’t tell me; I’ve lost friends over it already.

This week begins the countdown to August – a month that’s brimming with comedy gold for the blog: R&C’s wedding in Denmark, holiday in Copenhagen, my 36th birthday, 5th wedding anniversary and - the piece de resistance - the final ever Swift family BBQ in Ironbridge (Will Kev exceed his record of 14 consecutive cans of Scrumpy Jack or will my father-in-law have to intervene again?).

I’ll be boring you to tears about all of this shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment