Sunday 12 July 2009

What do you think radishes taste like?


Ok, so it would appear stopping the blog would cause me more grief than keeping it going – so you win!

So, what have i done this week? I saw Oasis at Wembley on Thursday night, which was much better than I expected. In my opinion Oasis haven’t had a decent album in over a decade and only a scattering of half-passable singles in the same timeframe. So, whilst they played too much of their new stuff for me it was good to hear the old favourites belted out. The brothers Gallagher were very well behaved on stage; the same cannot be said of the men in the box two down from us (yes, another corporate freebie) who had a riotous punch-up with the punters below. Silly boys.....

I’ve spent a lot of the weekend tending to River Cottage Croydon. I’ve pulled up another bumper crop of potatoes and my first radish (singular). Didn’t know what to do with the radish as I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never eaten one before. Bloody hell, i can’t believe I’ve got to 35 without eating a radish. That sounds so ridiculous.

We also had the Breast Cancer Campaign staff conference last Wednesday – i had a great time and i direct you to Pamela’s write-up of the day as I couldn’t put it any better myself.

Lots of my clothes arrived from EBay and thankfully everything fits. The 7 for all Mankind jeans i brought are exquisite – they’re also four inches too long for me. This didn’t stop me wearing them the whole of Friday. Fortunately i was working at home so no-one saw quite how ridiculous I looked. They’ll be off to the tailors tomorrow.

Anyway, better go and tend to Mr Swift; he’s come down with what I’m praying is a cold. He’s managed to built himself a nest on the sofa and has been asking pitifully for Lemsips all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment