Wednesday 13 May 2009

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder


Doing exercise at silly early o’clock is not the only lifestyle change I’ve made recently. I’ve adopted a healthy diet that would put Gwyneth Paltrow’s macrobiotic existence to shame and – wait for it – given up alcohol. Just to clarify, I’m hardly what you’d call a heavy drinker – but I do love a few Hendricks and Slimline tonics of a weekend.

These few dry weeks haven’t turned me into a recluse. I have stood outside The Shaston Arms with Lynn and Swifty, ‘fake wine’ (apple juice and sparkling water) in hand, putting the world to rights. The only downside I can see is loosing a convenient excuse for appalling behaviour. A few Saturdays ago I subjected some of you to a heinous rendition of Fleetwood Mac's ‘You can go your own way'. For that, I am truly sorry.

So, my good friend Hendricks – I do miss you, but not as much as I thought I would. See you in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment