Monday 18 May 2009

Eurovision fever

Week four got off to a slightly stiff note. I was due to do my long walk on Saturday. However, when I required assistance to get off the sofa on Friday night I decided to give myself another days rest.

On Saturday afternoon i heard the news that Pamela had completed her Step on it Challenge – you can read all about her exploits here. Her top tips for getting round were plenty of black coffee and toast. As I avoid both bread and caffeine I could be in deep trouble.

Saturday is always BBQ day in our house and this week’s lucky recipient was Natalie. We ended up watching Eurovision (me, sober, for the first time ever). I voted for the Maldovans – their ‘riverdance on amphetamines’ routine alone was worth the cost of the phone call.

Sunday saw me walking through deepest darkest Penge in a downpour. Six miles in less than 87 minutes. I think that’s what you’d describe as progress. I discovered on my return that I’d completely forgot to lock up properly and left the back door open. I’ve only added that last line in to check if my husband is reading this like he claims he is. If so, he’ll go ballistic this evening.

This week will be a bit hectic as I’ll be fitting in training alongside a visit from my Mum and Stepdad Terry and a trip to Chelsea Flower Show. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment