Monday 11 May 2009

"Make it so"


Training was nearly cut short this morning when a gang of Croydon's finest refuse collectors tried to mow my Husband and I down on the way to work. Take note bin men/women of Britain - driving onto a path full of pedestrians at breakneck speed is not cool. Our brush with death left me uncharacteristically stunned into silence and I had to rely on hand gestures alone to convey my anger.

Despite threats to my mortality, the training is going really well. Yesterday saw me complete five miles in 75 minutes in the scorching midday heat. I was motivated to make it round in record time so I could dash to the 3pm showing of Star Trek at the Imax. Being a bit of a closet Trekkie (I had a life-sized poster of Jean-Luc Picard in my bedroom at University) I had really high hopes, which thankfully were not shattered. Despite the plot holes large enough to park the U.S.S Enterprise in, the film heralds the return of the decent summer blockbuster. Not even a trailer for Transformers II could dampen my good mood….

No comments:

Post a Comment