Wednesday 20 May 2009

Where am i?


If my training weeks are going to have themes (clearly last week’s theme was ‘brush with death’) then ‘criminal activity’ could be this week’s topic of choice. More on that in a second.

I got spectacularly lost on yesterday’s walk. My standard five mile route takes me through Beckenham cemetery (not as creepy as it sounds). It didn’t occur to me that it wouldn’t be open at 6.30am. So, rather than retrace my steps I decided to go on a detour believing heading roughly in the same direction would lead me to Norwood Junction – wrong! I wandered around for what seemed like an eternity, not a soul in sight to ask for directions. I eventually stumbled across Arena tram stop. I didn’t have my travel card so I had to fare dodge two stops to get near to home. Oh, the shame!

On the plus side, I walked an extra mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment