Monday 25 May 2009

Week four round-up


For the last five days I’ve had the Ground Force theme tune running through my head on a continuous loop. Mum, Terry, Jon and I have transformed my garden by digging for Britain and building my longed for raised beds. I’ve even had time to slip in a spot of training. Here’s a round up of week four:

· There’s probably a special place in Hell for daughters who sit with their feet up whilst their parents dig the garden (Sorry M&T)
· You can walk eight miles in two hours five minutes in the scorching heat and still have the energy to spend the rest of the day painting raised beds. However, you’ll be in bed by 9.30pm.
· If you’re going to Chelsea Flower Show, buy day tickets and get there as soon as it opens at 8am. You’ll breeze round the show gardens and pavilion whilst most people are still having their breakfast.
· Close up, Alan Titchmarsh wears a lot of foundation
· Joe Swift is lovely, so is Jekka McVicar
· Probably best not to wind your Husband up by publishing his childhood secrets on the Internet. Particularly when he holds a dossier of equally embarrassing stories on you.

This week sees another parental visit - Dad, Step mum Marg and not so little brother Scott arrive on Friday. I’ve also got to squeeze in two five-mile mid-week walks and a 10-mile walk on Sunday. Busy, busy…..

No comments:

Post a Comment