Friday 15 May 2009

Week three round-up


Another day, another brush with death. At the end of last nights walk (4 miles in 57 mins) my elderly neighbour ran into me with his mobility scooter. It would have been hilarious if it had happened to someone else.

This morning I’m really feeling the effects of three consecutive days of exercise. I’m so relieved this is a rest day. Just need to psych myself up for a six mile hike tomorrow.

On a much happier note I’ve just had the most generous donation and message of support from Pamela, Campaign’s Chief Executive. Seeing my fundraising total go up and reading everyone’s kind words really helps with the motivation. I’ve been bowled over by all my friends and colleagues efforts to support me, especially the Research and Policy team here at Campaign who have pledged to help me out on walk day with some much needed company /moral support/water and snacks.

Ok – I’m getting a bit mushy for my liking - let’s drag this back to sarcastic. On reflection, what have we learned from week three of training?
1. The likelihood of being run over on the pavements of Croydon is pretty high
2. The best part of a decade without regular exercise is taking its toll
3. Davina McCall is supremely irritating
4. Star Trek is amazing

Hope you all have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment