Tuesday 9 June 2009

Hills suck


I survived last night’s 12 mile walk home – hip hip hooray! Took me 3hrs 12 mins.

For the benefit of my fellow Londoners the route was as follows: Shoreditch- London Bridge – Elephant and Castle – Camberwell – Denmark Hill – Herne Hill – West Dulwich – Gipsy Hill – Crystal Palace – West Norwood – Croydon.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone walks this kind of distance on a regular basis as it was excruciatingly hard going after a days work. I had a slight wobbly moment upon reaching the top of Crystal Palace – 380 feet above the Thames– and stumbled the remaining three and a half miles home with legs that felt like they no longer belonged to me.

Got home just in time for dinner, watched Ashes to Ashes then fell asleep on the sofa.

Looking forward to a couple of six mile midweek walks and Sunday’s 14 mile stroll. As they say, no rest for the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment