Friday 12 June 2009

New hip required?


I’m slightly concerned as I’ve developed a twinge in my hip; it was a tad sore on the short walk down to London Bridge last night. I’m pretty convinced it’s psychosomatic as it only came on after Arlene quizzed me about any aches and pains I may be experiencing. I’m going to stop talking to her about exercise; she’s starting to scare me.

Just to be on the safe side I’m going to invest in a new pair of walking trainers (yes, such things do exist) as my current Asics are designed for running and have seen better days (and, if the truth be known, they’re a bit fragrant).

So, I’ll be skipping tonight’s six mile hike in favour of a shorter walk tomorrow morning, leading into the 14 mile extravaganza on Sunday. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get into work on Monday without the need for crutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment