Monday 15 June 2009

Week seven round-up


My, how time flies when you’re having fun. It’s been a really productive seven days with some significant progress made. Here’s a round-up:

· Did my longest walk to date – 14 miles in 3 hours 40 minutes. I felt much happier on this walk than last Monday’s 12 miler, conclusive proof that it was evil Gipsy Hill that did me in. My pedometer reckoned I’d amassed 31,000 steps. On that basis I calculate 46,000 steps will equate to 21 miles and around six hours of walking. The end is in sight!

· Now the last frosts are well and truly over I planted everything from my greenhouse into the raised beds. My full crop list stands at: apples, blueberries, rhubarb, sweet corn, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, beetroot, kale, courgettes, radishes, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, dwarf beans, pink chard, parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary and coriander. As Natalie pointed out yesterday when I gave her the guided tour of ‘le jardin de Lisa’, come the zombie apocalypse/swine ‘flu pandemic I will be self sufficient as long as I can get into the back garden. Hmm, need to work on securing the perimeter.

· Special mention must go to PC World who processed and dispatched the order for my new computer without sending me a single email, and to DHL who left it with my (thankfully very trustworthy) neighbours. Proof indeed that excellent customer service is a thing of the past.

This week I’ve got a couple of six mile walks and a 16 miler at the weekend. I’m also really looking forward to Maxwell's Fullmooners Moonlanding Moontacula on Friday. I went in full zombie fancy dress to the last Moontacula (hence today’s photo – by the way, that’s not my hair or my rat). Unfortunately most of the other thousand-strong audience had ignored the ‘compulsory fancy dress’ request so Joe, Natalie, Simon, Kirk, Swifty and I looked a little strange. The numerous tequila shots downed before leaving the house prevented us from dying of shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment