Monday 8 June 2009

Week six round-up


Not much to report, training has had to take a bit of back seat for the last few days. However, I’m standing on the precipice of a 40 mile training week - gulp.

Highlights from the week:

1. Whilst running the bar at Mum and Terry’s 25th Wedding Anniversary party Swifty and I invented a cocktail, ‘the Wendy’ - three parts champagne, one part pomegranate juice. Consume until you feel the need to dance to the Bay City Rollers ‘Bye Bye Baby’ while simultaneously eating squirty cream directly from the can.

2. I broke my self-imposed rules and succumbed to the tiniest glass of champagne and a huge piece of chocolate cake at the party. Both tasted all the better for a six week absence.

3. I’m being stalked by birds. I’ve had two baby birds in my living room over the last week (thanks Max and Eli) and two jackdaws flew down the chimney at my Mum’s house -I thought we were in Hodnet not Bodega Bay?

So, tonight is the big twelve mile hike from Shoreditch to Croydon. I have my Auntie Maria’s Jackie CD burned to my iPod, so lots of David Cassidy, Slade, The Osmonds and David Essex to keep me company all the way home. Marvellous!

No comments:

Post a Comment