Sunday 21 June 2009

Week eight round-up

Week eight! My, it only seems like yesterday Stuart convinced me this blog would be a good idea.

Can i get a drum roll please ............. 16 miles nailed in 4 hours 10 mins. I'm chuffed to bits with the time and the distance. No major problems to report apart from abject boredom. I desperately need some new tunes on the iPod to keep me entertained.

Anyhoo - here's what i've learned this week:
  • Hugh's River Cottage Garlic Soup is amazing (even if you substitute the chicken stock for a veg alternative)
  • Never underestimate the comedy value of a short Irish man in a cape and jackboots (or a giant purple cow)
  • iTunes support section is full of lies
So, week nine - the penultimate week. I'm looking at three midweek walks (two six miles and one seven miler) then a repeat of today's 16 mile endurance test next Sunday. I feel tired just typing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment